Prospecting Network Marketing Leads
In network marketing, there is a saying that goes, “it’s a numbers game”. The truth be told that when it comes to prospecting network marketing leads as Gery Carson from SFI says, “Some will, some won’t, so what, Next.”. The problem is in an industry where networkmarketing leads can cost you $20 or more to secure numbers gets expensive really quick without super tips like these.
Gery Carson from SFI says, “Some will, some won’t, so what, Next”.
Your 6 Tips for prospecting network marketing leads
- Have a home to collect leads. In fact, have multiple homes targeted to the people you are looking to reach on a keyword by search term basis. Prospecting network marketing leads requires a mixture of both long form and short form marketing that is often best delivered by split test. Some people love video presentations, others prefer an infographic, a pdf white paper, or to just read an informative article. In my personal experience a self-hosted WordPress blog works best for not just creating these landing pages and articles but also for generating free traffic and networkmarketing leads.
“Network marketing gives people the opportunity, with very low risk and very low financial commitment, to build their own income-generating asset and acquire great wealth.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki, Entrepreneur and Author
- Target who you want. Those $20 a lead folks are out there pumping thousands of dollars a month into search terms like, “Start home Business” and “Work At Home”. These terms run $4-20 a click and can take 10-20 clicks for one prospect who follows through into your program. Worse yet that person may only be there a month or two because they know nothing about Marketing, or running a Business and your hard work in prospecting network marketing leads goes down the drain at a loss of money. Instead think like someone researching a home business, someone with marketing skills they wish to put to work for themselves instead of a BOSS (4 letter word for asshole) in a Just Over Broke JOB. Many of these search terms or keywords are very affordable running 10 cents to $5 per click.
“I am often asked if Network Marketing is a Pyramid Scheme. My reply is that corporations really are pyramid schemes. A corporation has only one person at the top, generally the CEO, and everyone else below.” — Donald Trump, Entrepreneur and Author President of the United States.
- Follow up first day. Why spend time prospecting network marketing leads if you aren’t going to court them from day one. Don’t be the guy who sees a girl and wants her number but waits a month to ask her. He often finds she has a new boyfriend by then. Likewise, your prospects are looking for a home business opportunity to start now and will hook up with another marketer if you don’t jump on the opportunity.
“The future of network marketing is unlimited. There’s no end in sight. It will to continue to grow, because better people are getting into it. They are raising the entire standard of MLM to the point where soon, it will be one of the most respected business methods in the world.” – Brian Tracy, Author and Motivational Speaker
- Don’t be overly aggressive. Mail or call too often and the prospect will see you as desperate and a desperate marketer is one not making any money in their eyes. Contact on Day one, follow up with an e-mail, another on days 2, 4, 7, 10, 14 and about every 3-5 days after that for a month.
“Network marketing is the big wave of the future. It’s taking the place of franchising, which now requires too much capital for the average person.” — Jim Rohn, America’s Business Philosopher
- Don’t give them pressure give them information. Too many network marketers make a fatal mistake prospecting network marketing leads. Simply put, every contact is a sales pitch or pressure to join a weekly opportunity call or webinar where a closer does a basic sales pitch and if questions are even taken they have a method to shut down tough questions instead of providing firm answers. Spoon feed deep explanations of 1-2 key features after that first follow up e-mail.
“No matter what your product is, you are ultimately in the education business. Your customers need to be constantly educated about the many advantages of doing business with you, trained to use your products more effectively, and taught how to make never-ending improvement in their lives.” — Robert G Allen, Entrepreneur, Author, and Motivational Speaker
- About 3-5 emails into your sequence summarize what you have informed the MLM prospect about to date. This acts as a soft sales pitch. On day 30 warn the prospect that the time to act is now because you will only be sending more information if you see action on their part. After 30 days, it’s time to get off the fence or get off the list because list space is costly.
“Home-based businesses are one of the fastest-growing segments in our economy, and that trend will only continue, as the age of the corporation, which began barely a century ago, now gives way to the age of the entrepreneur.” – Paul Zane Pilzer, Author and Nobel Prize Winning Economist
Be polite and be informative while using blogs before cash is the path to prospecting network marketing leads success. If you desire to build a profitable team without spending tens of thousands of dollars to get there you must have. A short-term plan to get leads at low cost. A long-term plan to prospect leads using organic traffic. Prospecting network marketing leads is not rocket science but it is a bit different than other inbound marketing and offline marketing tactics.